The type of personal information FACE collects depends on various factors, such as the type of products or services you request or use, and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. Generally, the personal information FACE collects includes the following:
- Eligibility information to ensure that you qualify for a specific FACE Program such as race, gender, place of birth, citizenship, and language. Due to the sensitive nature of this type of information, eligibility information collected for this purpose will not be shared for marketing or loan assessment purposes and will not be shared with any FACE Partners.
- Contact information such as name, mailing address, telephone number, email, social media account name and fax number.
- Identification information such as government issued identification, date of birth, Social Insurance Number (SIN) and occupation.
- Financial information such as employment and financial payment history, income, net worth, credit reports and details of security provided for existing loans.
- Transactional information such as information on the various programs you participate in, the products or services you use, or how you otherwise do business with us.
- Other information such as location, demographics and interests and health and lifestyle information that we collect to understand our relationship with you by learning more about you, and what types of products, services or offers you may be interested in. Due to the sensitive nature of this type of information, this information will not be shared except on an aggregated and de-identified basis.
How do we collect information?
We may collect information from you directly, indirectly or from other sources, such as:
- information you provide us through our application process for FACE Programs
- communications with us
- credit bureaus
- references you have provided
- FACE Partners
- government institutions or regulatory authorities
- user-generated content on our social media websites such as photographs or comments you post
- public sources such as telephone directories, websites, or government agencies and registries or other public records.